Federal laws and regulations require us to disclose how we use information that we collect when you apply for a loan. The following policy serves as a standard for all First Principal Mortgage Company employees for collection, use, retention, and security of “nonpublic personal information.”
We collect “nonpublic personal information” about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you or from our affiliates over the telephone, on applications, or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, credit bureaus, and other third parties.
- Information received from you when you fill out an electronic form at our Internet website.
“Nonpublic personal information” is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. For example, nonpublic personal information includes information regarding your account balances, rent, or mortgage payment history, and income that we collect when we process your request for a mortgage loan.
What Information We Disclose:
We are permitted under law to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to other third parties in certain circumstances. We may disclose all of the information that we collect about you including the following kinds of “nonpublic personal information”:
- Information we receive from you on your loan application and other forms, such as your name, address, assets, income, and the amount you wish to borrow.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as your loan payment, payment of fees, payment history, and closing costs.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as your credit score, obligations, payment history, and employment information.
Who We Disclose Information To:
We may disclose all of the nonpublic personal information that we collect about you, as described above, to the following types of third parties:
- Service providers, such as appraisers, title insurance companies, surveyors, credit bureaus, document preparation companies, accountants, marketing companies, auditors, and attorneys.
- Financial! institutions and affiliates with whom we have joint marketing agreements and arrangements.
- Lenders, affiliates, and investors who will process, fund, service, or purchase your loan. Government agencies and private mortgage insurance companies that insure or guaranty your loan.
- Non-financial companies such as builders and home improvement contractors.
We are permitted under law to share information about our experiences or transactions with you or your loan, such as your loan amount and your payment history with us, with companies related to us by common control or ownership “affiliates.” We may also share additional information about you or your account, such as information we receive from you in applications and information from credit reporting agencies, with our affiliates. You may direct us not to disclose to our affiliates information that does not relate solely to our affiliates’ experiences or transactions with you or your account, such as the application information and credit bureau information, by writing to us. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to other nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law. However, we do not disclose information about you to marketers or other persons who are not working to provide credit or other services to you.
Our Security Procedures :
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees, settlement service providers, lenders, and investors who need to know that information to provide a mortgage loan to you. Employees who violate these standards will he subject to disciplinary measuers. Your personal information is maintained in our offices, which are secured during non-business hours. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.